Sunday, March 10, 2013

Natural Nails

It wasn't until earlier this year when I really started getting into nail polish. I literally went through a crazy buying phase and quickly stocked up my collection! My dad thought I had an addiction...so did all of my friends...I can admit now I did and still kind of do..but less intense. We're talking glitter, rhinestones, dotting tools, specialty brushes, the whole shebang. I don't know what came over me. Thankfully, I'm growing out of the buying phase - mainly because I have all the colors I want now.

Anyways - my aunt used to do acrylics back in the day and now just does them on the side for family and friends. We're talking old school! None of that glue on the tip and sand down your real nail (ouch), but building up and hand filing the acrylic. Dedication I tell ya! It's definitely a process to get your fake nails to finally look like real nails, but I've reached that point! And aren't they pretty?! =]

As you can see, my real middle nail is a bit shorter than the acrylic - that's because I always manage to somehow ding that one. 

Why acrylic nails? Why not?! I've always loved my aunts nails and thought they'd look good on my too! Unlike my sister, who is gifted with beautiful long fingers and nails that can grow out without breaking, I have to reach out for some help. But hey! When someone asks me if they're real, they kind of are, they just have a plastic armor over them ;)

Here they are now with some pretty, slightly sparkly, kind of opal OPI color - I'll have to get the name later.

Usually I have some kind of crazy design or sparkle on them, but I'm feelin' the natural at the moment.

I'll post more of my crazy designs later!

xoxo
Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment